Mukesh Ambani is a India’s richest person and chairman of the Indian company Reliance Industries Limited. Mukesh Ambani’s company, RIL, is listed in Fortune 500 and is India’s most valuable company, market value-wise. Mukesh Ambani is not only India’s richest person but also one of the richest sports owners of the world. He is also one of the biggest philanthropists, spending 0.4% of his wealth in charity.
|Real Name||Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani|
|Date of Birth||19-Apr-57|
|Age(as in 2020)||63 years|
|Birth Place||Aden, Yemen|
|Home Town||Mumbai, India|
|School||Hill Grange High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Institute of Chemical technology at Matunga|
|Educational Qualification||BE Degree in Chemical Engineering, MBA (Discontinue)|
|Address||Altamount Road, Cumballa Hill, Mumbai|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies||Reading, Hanging out with friends, Watching movies, Jungle adventure, Listening to old Hindi songs, swimming, doing long-walks|
Birth & Early Life
Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani was born on 19th April 1957 in Aden, Yemen. He is the eldest son of Kokilaben Ambani and Dhirubhai Ambani. He has one younger brother Anil Ambani and two sisters’ Nina Kothari and Dipti Salgaonkar.
Mukesh Ambani did his schooling from High Grange High School, Mumbai. He was always a bright student, and after his schooling, he cleared the IIT entrance and joined IIT, Mumbai. Вut lаtеr оn, аftеr bеіng ѕеlесtеd fоr thе mоrе рrеѕtіgіоuѕ сhеmісаl еngіnееrіng соurѕе оf thе Іnѕtіtutе оf Сhеmісаl Еngіnееrіng іn Мumbаі, hе lеft ІІТ. Аftеr fіnіѕhіng hіѕ сhеmісаl еngіnееrіng, hе wеnt tо Ѕtаnfоrd Unіvеrѕіtу tо рurѕuе аn МВА but wаѕ саllеd bу hіѕ fаthеr tо hеlр hіm tо buіld thе Rеlіаnсе Соmраnу.
Mukesh Ambani helped his father in his business while studying for chemical engineering. He would work long hours on weekends at his father’s office. After completing his engineering, Mukesh gave various entrance exams and was selected for 2-3 prestigious business schools. He chose to go to Stanford University.
While he was in the USA pursuing his Masters, his father’s company was given a license to make polyester. Though Mukesh would have liked his father to wait for him to return, his father wanted to start work on the plant immediately. Respecting his father’s wishes, Mukesh left his course midway and returned to work in his father’s company Reliance Textiles Limited. Since then, there has been no looking back for Mukesh Ambani.
In 1985, Reliance Textiles was changed to Reliance Industries Ltd. Combining his knowledge of chemical engineering with management skills he learned at Stanford, Mukesh steered the company towards greater success. This was also the time when his father suffered a stroke and was incapable of continuing work for some time.
In the early 1990s, RIL expanded its business into petrochemicals and launched Reliance Petroleum. Later on, it ventured into telecom and started Reliance Telecom. In 2006 it further expanded its business into the retail sector and launched Reliance Retail.
In 2006 it further expanded its business into the retail sector and launched Reliance Retail.
Favorite things of Mukesh Ambani
|Favorite Film||Not Known|
|Favorite TV Show||Not Known|
|Favorite Singer||Not Known|
|Favorite Sport||Cricket, Football|
Marital Status and More
|Salary (Approx.)||4.36 crore|
|Net Worth||$68.4 billion|
Social Media Presence
Mukesh Ambani is married to Nita Ambani, a former teacher. They have three children, two sons, and one daughter.
Сurrеntlу, Мukеѕh Аmbаnі lіvеѕ іn Мumbаі wіth hіѕ fаmіlу іn thе wоrld-fаmоuѕ Аntіlіа Вuіldіng, whісh іѕ сrеdіtеd wіth bеіng thе wоrld’ѕ mоѕt ехреnѕіvе рrіvаtе rеѕіdеntіаl рrореrtу.
Awards & Achievements
- In 2004, he received the ‘World Communication Award’ for the ‘Most Influential Person in Telecommunications’ from “Total Telecom”.
- In 2007, he was awarded the ‘United States-India Business Council Leadership Award’ by the ‘United States-India Business Council’. The same year, he won the ‘Chitralekha Person of the Year Award’, presented by the government of Gujarat.
- In 2010, he was named the ‘Business Leader of the Year’ by ‘NDTV India’ and ‘Businessman of the Year’ by the ‘Financial Chronicle’.
- In 2010, he was presented with the ‘School of Engineering and Applied Science Dean’s Medal’ by the ‘University of Pennsylvania’.
- In 2010, he also won the ‘Global Leadership Award,’ presented by the ‘Business Council for International Understanding’.
- In 2010, he received the Honorary Doctorate (Doctor of Science) degree from the ‘Maharaja Sayajirao University’, Baroda.
- In 2014, he was ranked 36 on ‘Forbes’ list of the world’s most powerful people. In 2018, he was ranked 32 in the same list.
- He was honored with the ‘Asia Society Leadership Award’ by the ‘Asia Society’, Washington D.C., USA.
- He won the ‘ET Business Leader Award’ in 2017 for ‘Corporate Excellency.’
- He was also ranked among the ‘Fortune’ magazine’s ’50 Greatest Leaders of 2018′.