Rajiv Kapoor was an Indian film actor, producer, director and a member of the Kapoor Family. His elder brothers Randhir Kapoor and late Rishi Kapoor were also Bollywood actors. Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor were his uncles. Prithviraj Kapoor was his paternal grandfather Raj Kapoor is his father and Trilok Kapoor was his paternal great-uncle.
|Real Name||Rajiv Kapoor|
|Profession||Actor, Film director, Film Producer|
|Famous for||Indian Film Actor|
|Date of Birth||25-Aug-62|
|Age(as in 2020)||58 years(At the Time of Death)|
|Birth Place||Chembur, Mumbai|
|Home Town||Mumbai, India|
|School||Our Lady of Perpetual Succour School, Chembur, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hobbies||Doing Yoga, Reading|
|Drinks Alcohol?||Not Known|
He made his debut in Ek Jaan Hain Hum in 1983. He played the leading role in his father’s last directorial venture Ram Teri Ganga Maili in 1985. He acted in several other films with the most notable being Aasmaan (1984), Lover Boy (1985), Zabardast (1985) and Hum To Chale Pardes (1988). He made his last film appearance in Zimmedaaar in 1990 after which he turned to producing and directing.
He produced Henna in 1991, directed by his brother Randhir, and in 1996 he made his directorial debut with the commercially unsuccessful Prem Granth, which starred his brother Rishi and Madhuri Dixit. In 1999 he produced Aa Ab Laut Chalen which was directed by his brother Rishi. Since then he has not been active in film producing or directing. In 2001, he married architect Aarti Sabharwal, working paralegal at a Law firm in Vaughan.
Favorite things of Rajiv Kapoor
|Favorite Film||Mera Naam Joker (1970)|
|Favorite TV Show||Not Known|
|Favorite Singer||Not Known|
|Favorite Sport||Not Known|
Marital Status and More
Social Media Presence
He was born to legendary Raj and Krishna Kapoor. Veteran actors Randhir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor are his brothers. Reema Kapoor and Ritu Nanda are his sisters. He was married to Aarti Sabharwal from 2001 to 2003.
He died on 9th February 2021 due to cardiac arrest. Kapoor Jr, popularly known as Chimpu, suffered a heart attack. His eldest brother Randhir rushed him to Mumbai’s Inlaks Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival by the doctors .The Kapoor family joined him in his final rites.
Some Facts about Rajiv Kapoor
- Rajiv Kapoor acted in 13 films in his 10-year film career but only one film was a hit in all those films.
- Ram Teri Ganga Maili is recorded as the only hit film in his account.
- Rajiv could not get the fame Mandakini received from this film too.
- After this film, there was a rift in the relationship between Rajiv Kapoor and Raj Kapoor.
- Rajeev Kapoor complained that his father did not launch him the way Rishi Kapoor did.
- Rajiv Kapoor also used to tell his father that he gives opportunities to actors from all over the world but does not make films with them.
- Rajiv Kapoor lived alone after his divorce. They never remarried.